Thursday 24 October 2013

The Mitch Daniels Band: Live at the Islington O2 Academy2 (Net the Bed)




SOUNDCHECK PHOTOS




On Friday 18th October, the Mitch Daniels Band played an amazing headline show at the Islington O2 Academy2, and they raised a lot of money for charity in the process. Here are some live photos from the show, plus some exclusive pics from the soundcheck. I also interviewed Mitch Daniels after the show to find out how it felt to perform at the venue, and what the future holds for the band.



Mitch Daniels at the soundcheck




How did it feel to headline the O2 Academy2 Islington?

It was an amazing experience. I had been planning it for over 12 months and it was the whole reason I put The Mitch Daniels Band together in the first place. When we walked out on stage the whole room starting buzzing and it felt incredible. We were absolutely blown away by the amount of people there and the response we got. I am still waiting for all the funds to be collected but I think we have raised about £600 for "Malaria No More UK", enough to send 120 nets out to Africa!


Julio Diaz




Tell me about the day of the gig?
We were up early to pack the gear into the van and were in the venue from about lunch time. Setting up was great fun but tense at times as to whether we would be ready in time. Normally, "if something can go wrong, it does"… but we were pretty lucky and it went very smoothly!



Michelle Bisceglia



Tom Triggs


What are the future plans for The Mitch Daniels Band?

Well we are due a couple of band meetings to discuss that, but I think the next step will be an EP, hopefully before Christmas, and next year we are all keen to get on tour!




Jesus Gomez Gutierrez


How can I get a copy of the live album?
Sign up for it here: http://eepurl.com/CCMzv Simples!





I would like to thank everybody who came to #NetTheBed or who has contributed to the pot for "Malaria No More UK".

I would also like to thank the boys in the band: Tom, Julio, Jesus and Michele. I couldn't have pulled it off with them. It feels like we are on the cusp of something very exciting and I cannot wait to start the next project with them. They are all great guys and as I have said before… I wouldn't want to perform without them anymore!







SUPPORT ACTS

Torben Tietz


Kaitlyn Haggis

GIG PHOTOS




























































Many thanks for visiting this blog and please check out my previous photoblogs about the Mitch Daniels Band:

Cheers
Samantha x
Beside the See Side
www.facebook.com/samantha.edgley.arts


No comments:

Post a Comment